What a powerhouse of a weekend. I’m so tired that I can’t even write sentences. So I offer you my weekend in a numbered list.
- Friday morning bus ride to Melbourne. Bus driver yelled at me for not buying by ticket earlier – I mounted high-horse, pointed out that I was a customer and referred to his ‘tone of voice’. Uncharacteristic but extremely gratifying behaviour
- Arrived in Melbourne, put all worldly possessions into locker at State Library, went to library to prepare for phone interview for job
- Had phone interview – think it went well
- Met friends for Friday night drinks – drinks very well enjoyed
- Realised has been enjoying drinks too much – worldly possessions locked inside State Library, unable to be retrieved until Saturday 10am which doesn’t help me because I have to leave the city to attend a wedding at 8.30am. Outfit for wedding, makeup, toothbrush inside locker.
- Way too early Saturday morning – go to Lara’s to borrow clothes, Greg drives us to Glenburn to fight off burglars at Elisa’s farm
- Fought off burglars and made salads, played with Sook the cute old dog
- Celebrate Elisa’s wedding in a ger
- Drove back to Melbourne listening to Gold 104 Party Rock Hits – Queen, ELO, Elvis Costello, Warrant, etc.
- Caught up with Robyn before she flew off to Perth much too soon
- Sunday morning – waited for a break in rain to go to State Library to retrieve possessions
- Went back to Lara’s relished opportunity to shower and change out of three-day-old clothes
- Made bee-line for nearest purveyor of dirty chinese food suitable for hangover
- Went back to Lara’s, read the last 50 pages of John Banville’s The Sea
- Relocated to Rowan’s new house, pretended to help unpack
- Cooked dinner