Good morning everyone!
1. Change your Twitter settings in the interest of freedom of speech.
If anyone is on twitter, set your location to Tehran and your time zone to GMT +3.30. Security forces are hunting for bloggers using location/timezone searches. The more people at this location, the more of a log-jam it creates for forces trying to shut Iranians’ access to the internet down. So change your twitter settings, Cut & paste this message & please pass it on.
2. The double meaning of the title “Short Trip to Rushworth” is not something you will understand unless you know Emily and Abby’s surname. I hope you didn’t spend too much time thinking about it, because you’re probably kind of annoyed at me right now.
3. Today is the beginning of my third last week in Bangkok, which is also the third last week of the Bangkok Reading Challenge. I am ashamed to admit I’ve only finished three books since the challenge started. I’ve read quite a few halves of books, but I’m not getting to the finish line as often as I hoped. I will report a full list of completed books and partial credits (the equivalent of a “Good Try” ribbon) in three weeks.
4. To replace my planned trip to a fancy detox spa, my office mate Flaminia and I are going to do an in-office detox. Watch this space for angry sugar-withdrawal rants and gory details.
5. Yet another person told me I look like Anne Frank. Even since my hair has changed the comparison to a 13 year old girl continues.